Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Someone to watch over me

Here is a little snipit of one of my favorite songs!!!! 

It's was actually written as a chorus line. It was meant to be an upbeat dance number. But as George and Ira Gershwin were writing, they started talking, and George started slowing down the tempo. They both realized how beautiful it sounded and it became the ballad "show stopper" It ended up being the last song George finished before he died of a brain tumor. It somewhat mirrored his feelings of the life he lived. 




There is an "Outtake" Video... Maybe SOMEDAY I'll post it...Maybe

8 comments:

Erika said...

I LOVE the arrangement and the guitar!
I still wish you could have been here for my show,
But you do Someone to watch over Me so well.
Miss you singing around here!

ps. I like mikes head in the background...
HI MIKE!

stef j. said...

I love Gershwin ... genius, pure genius.

You're amazing at the guitar. Note to self: don't play guitar in front of Angie Wynes. I like your vocal flavor too - good, good, good!

Noelle said...

I know I'm not supposed to want what other people have but I'm so envious of your talents. Please make a cd.

Erin said...

love this song. james was sitiing here eating crackers and spitting them out on me as he laughed at mike and tyken in the background. You are amazing!

.Ang. said...

You think that was funny... you'll have to watch the outtakes!!!

stef j. said...

um ... so ... more please :)

and can I make a request for billboards and boomerangs? It's been stuck in my head but I don't know enough of it to sing along. rather annoying.

stef j. said...

yep, just found it. so, i guess you can take your sweet time doing another post. BUT will you teach me how to post videos - please.

Mary Boyd said...

I love this one along with every other song you posted. I'm starting to crave more Angie on the guitar. Don't forget to keep recording and posting songs for your fans! Love it. Love you.

Mary