Sunday, February 3, 2008

Billboards and Boomerangs

You can her Brylie singing along with me. She's cute!

Billboards & Boomerangs

Oh these nights they seem to never end
The places that I've never been will have to wait
for time take her place.

And all the dreams I've dared to dream
again will have to take a back seat
until I'm sure of some things

They're those things you do that take all your time
Those things you SWEAR you can't live without
that never seem to work at all.

I heard a song today
A billboard that just set if off and
everything came rushing back and
That's how it goes for me these days
It's all
Billboards and Boomerangs
Billboards and Boomerangs

Well tonight's tomorrow's yesterday
My chance to clear this mess I've made
I've learned in life:
Sometimes the "Right" things happen at the "wrong" times
And all the times i've been afraid to be myself
all seem to fade
into the dusk sky- my all time favorite time of day.

They're those things you do that take all your time
Those things you SWEAR you can't live without
that never seem to work at all.

I watched the sunset today
A billboard that just set if off and
everything came rushing back and
That's how it goes for me these days
It's all
Billboards and Boomerangs
Billboards and Boomerangs

2 comments:

Erika said...

Ummm... I just listened to this for the first time in a long time, and I had forgotten how much I LOVE it. Probably my favorite song of all time.
I was also watching/listening to the other songs, and I decided you really need to write more! I love it all.

Judy Takahashi said...

I feel the same as Erika. I really like this song and the way that Brylie is singing along in the background.
You are definitely a great song writer and I too hope that you will be abe to write many more songs of the soul.
I love how you can put your deep insights into words that we all can relate to. I love you so much.
Mom